The agenda for the safety-themed King Air Gathering IV (KAG IV), being held Sept. 26-29, 2019, in Fredericksburg, Texas, has come together with an outstanding variety of speakers and topics.
On Thursday, Sept. 26, KAG IV attendees will fly in to Gillespie County Airport (T82) where the Hangar Hotel Conference Center is located right on the field. Hotel check-in and rental car pickup will be available and that evening there will be a welcome cocktail party with drinks and hors d’oeuvres, sponsored by Blackhawk Aerospace, starting at 5:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday will feature speakers discussing different aspects of aircraft ownership, flying and safety including:
- AOPA President Mark Baker – the State of General Aviation
- Dr. Kenneth Stahl, M.D., FACS – Expectation Bias and Cognitive Activities
- Textron Aviation’s Turboprop Product Support Leader Kim Burton – the company’s commitment to safety and King Air-related hot topics
- Pratt & Whitney’s Rob Winchcomb – Flying the PT6A for Safety and Longevity
- Blackhawk Aerospace President/CEO Jim Allmon – the Phoenix King Air
- Dr. John Raniolo – The “Safe Pilot” Physiology and Risk Assessment
- Beech Medic Dean Benedict – Safety-related Maintenance
- KingAirDOM Paul Sneden – Maintenance Records and your Safety
Special Keynote Speakers:
NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson, Ph.D. will discuss safety procedures and checklists, what it’s like living in space and what it does to you
King Air Flight Expert Tom Clements will share best King Air piloting practices, how some nonevents turn into catastrophes and more
Father of Datalink and KA200 owner/pilot Dr. David Strahle will provide information on the proper way to interpret NEXRAD images and Advanced Weather Planning in extended time allotted as requested by past attendees
On Sunday, you have the option to take recurrent training ground school taught by Tom Clements. The King Air Academy is therefore offering options for attendees:
Option 1: General Attendee Package
DATES: Evening of Thursday, Sept. 26, Friday, Sept. 27, and Saturday, Sept. 28.
- $300 per attendee – due upon registration
- $50 for guest which includes the cocktail party receptions and other activities (no conference admission) – due upon registration
- Cocktail reception – Thursday and Friday evening
- Conference with outstanding speakers and topics – Friday and Saturday
- Four-hour Advanced Weather Planning, NEXRAD
- Breakfast and lunch – Friday and Saturday
- Access to leading King Air vendors
- Opportunity to converse with other owners, pilots and enthusiasts.
Option 2: General Attendee Package PLUS Recurrent Training
Complete your first day of ground school training at the Gathering with Tom Clements.
This option is limited to “space available” on a first-come first-registered option and is expected to go quickly!
DATE: Evening of Thursday, Sept. 26, Friday, Sept. 27, and Saturday, Sept. 28, PLUS Sunday, Sept. 29.
- Everything in the General Attendee Package
- Sunday ground school recurrent training with Tom Clements, author of The King Air Book. Tom will be holding a very special session, you won’t want to miss. Come learn from the master! (Breakfast will be provided by King Air Academy)
Tom’s session at KAG IV will be considered part of your recurrent training at the King Air Academy with special pricing. To complete your recurrent training, you will need to attend one more day of comprehensive simulator and a “model-specific” ground session at the King Air Academy, which must be completed before the end of the year.
Two packages are being offered based on the type of simulator you choose to train in:
- Package 1 – Standard Simulator Recurrent Training: $2,750
- Package 2 – Full-Motion G1000/NXi Recurrent Training: $5,500
Go to www.kingairgathering.com to register for this unique event.