Beechcraft Corporation, a subsidiary of Textron Aviation Inc., announced that it has received European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification for its new Pro Line Fusion-equipped Beechcraft King Air 350i/ER and 250 turboprop aircraft with cabin enhancements, paving the way for deliveries throughout Europe.
The Fusion-equipped King Air 250 earned Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification in July 2015 and the 350i/ER earned the certification in November 2015.
The new avionics system changes how operators fly through a one-of-a-kind intuitive flight deck interface. Its three 14-inch displays are interchangeable, high-resolution and touch controlled. Other performance-enhancing capabilities include:
- Integrated touchscreen checklists
- Intuitive graphical touchscreen flight planning
- High-resolution Synthetic Vision System (SVS) with patented airport dome graphics
- Convenient presets to reconfigure all three displays with a single touch
- Full multi-sensor flight management system
- Available automatic wireless database and chart uploads
- Open and scalable architecture for future upgrades and mandates
Pilot training for the Pro Line Fusion King Airs will be offered at TRU Simulation + Training’s new ProFlight training center near Tampa, Florida. Additionally, TRU will offer aircraft maintenance training for the new models in its newly renovated Wichita, Kansas facility.
In addition to new Pro Line Fusion avionics, the cabin now offers an enhanced passenger experience. With Wi-Fi capability standard on the King Air 350i/ER and King Air 250 aircraft, the personal device-centric cabin environment allows customers to stay connected and productive throughout their flight experience. Also standard are electronically dimmable window shades, offering a simple interface that provides more effective shading and faster dimming at the touch of a button.