Engine Controls – Power Control Cable Inspection
Date: May 2019
Effectivity: Super King Air B300, Serial Numbers
FL-1071 through FL-1078, FL-1084 and FL-1086 through FL-1089; Super King Air B300C, Serial Numbers FM-68 and FM-69
Reason: To inspect the power control cable for corrosion under the deice boot.
Description: This service document provides instructions to inspect the power control cable for corrosion and repair the power control cable if corrosion found is under the deice boot.
Compliance – Recommended: This service document should be accomplished at a scheduled maintenance period or inspection.
A service document published by Textron Aviation may be recorded as completed in an aircraft log only when the following requirements are satisfied:
- The mechanic must complete all of the instructions in the service document, including the intent therein.
- The mechanic must correctly use and install all applicable parts supplied with the service document kit. Only with written authorization from Textron Aviation can substitute parts or rebuilt parts be used to replace new parts.
- The mechanic or airplane owner must use the technical data in the service document only as approved and published.
- The mechanic or airplane owner must apply the information in the service document only to aircraft serial numbers identified in the Effectivity section of the document.
- The mechanic or airplane owner must use maintenance practices that are identified as acceptable standard practices in the aviation industry and governmental regulations.
No individual or corporate organization other than Textron Aviation is authorized to make or apply any changes to a Textron Aviation-issued service document or flight manual supplement without prior written consent from Textron Aviation.
Textron Aviation is not responsible for the quality of maintenance performed to comply with this document, unless the maintenance is accomplished at a Textron Aviation-owned Service Center.
The above information may be abbreviated for space purposes. For the entire communication, go to www.txtavsupport.com.