MT-Propeller Entwicklung GmbH has received the FAA STC #SA03507NY for the next generation Quiet Fan Jet Five-blade scimitar composite propeller on the King Air F90. Now the MTV-27 is STC’d for the Beech King Air B90, E90, C90, C90A, C90GT, C90GTi and F90 by the FAA and EASA.
The company says the installation of the Five-Blade Propeller provides the following advantages:
- Best vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operations
- Bonded on nickel alloy leading edge for superior erosion protection of the blades
- General performance improvement (five percent takeoff & climb, two-three knots cruise with 1900 rpm)
- No propeller speed restrictions on ground while operating in low idle
- More ground clearance for less FODs
- Lower ITTs during start-up for less engine wear
- Unbeatable esthetic ramp appeal
- Significant cabin noise and vibration reduction
- Weight saving of 28 lbs on the King Air F90
All models comply with the strict German noise regulations for unrestricted airport operations in Germany and other European countries.
The high technology natural composite blades have no life limitation and can be repaired even in case of a FOD.
MT-Propeller is the holder of over 200 STCs worldwide, OEM supplier for more than 90 percent of the European aircraft industry, as well as 30 percent of the U.S. aircraft industry.