Beechcraft Corporation, a subsidiary of Textron Aviation Inc., announced it has received type certifications from both the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for the new Pro Line Fusion-equipped Beechcraft King Air C90GTx turboprop. With this achievement, the company has now completed FAA and EASA certifications to include Pro Line Fusion avionics systems as standard equipment on all current production models of the King Air.
Per the company, Pro Line Fusion for the King Air brings one of the most trusted avionics architectures to the first full touchscreen flight display system. The new avionics system changes how operators aviate, navigate and communicate through a one-of-a-kind intuitive flight deck interface. Its three 14-inch displays are interchangeable, high-resolution with touch screen and cursor control. Other performance-enhancing capabilities include:
- Integrated touchscreen checklists
- Intuitive graphical touchscreen flight planning
- High-resolution Synthetic Vision System with patented airport dome graphics
- Convenient presets to reconfigure all three displays with a single touch
- Dual multi-sensor flight management systems
- Available automatic wireless database and chart uploads
- Open and scalable architecture for future upgrades and mandates
Pilot training for the Pro Line Fusion King Airs is offered at TRU Simulation + Training’s new ProFlight training center near Tampa, Florida. Additionally, TRU offers aircraft maintenance training for the new models in its newly renovated Wichita, Kansas facility.